Monday, August 08, 2016

Misinformation & lies are what Trump and anti-lgbt right have in common

The press is making a huge issue how Donald Trump lies with impunity and his supporters don't seem to care. I'm glad that they are realizing this sort of thing, but it's not necessarily indicative of just Trump.

In the nine and a half plus years I've tracked the anti-lgbt right, I've seen the same thing happen continuously. Only hardly anyone in the mainstream seemed to have cared how so-called religious right groups distort science and truth to demonize lgbts and spread all sorts of bad information to their supporters and the public. Maybe this emphasis on Trump will bleed down to them. But I doubt it.

Case in point, this lovely "poll question" courtesy of the American Family Association's One News Now with regards to gender and sexual orientation. It makes no sense whatsoever, but I don't think One News Now cares about making sense or spreading truth:


No comments: